The Engagement Game

No, we're not talking about weddings.  What we are talking about is social engagement, and how it can get your business new clients.  Social media is a game, and I'm hoping this gives you a little insight on how to play it!  Working as a social media manager, my primary job is to create content and engage with other accounts.  But what exactly does that mean?  The content creation is simple; take photos, create captions, and write articles.  The engagement is where things can get a little tricky. 

Engagement on social media consists of following, liking, sharing, commenting, and reposting things from your business account.  But how does a like turn into a client?  That's where the engagement game comes into play. 

As a business (or anyone developing their social presence), you should constantly be scrolling, liking, and commenting on posts that are similar to you.  This can be done by searching hashtags or accounts in your niche.  For example, if I am a wedding photographer, I'm going to follow a) other wedding photographers b) couples who just got engaged or c) people in my local area.  I find these accounts by searching things such as #DetroitWeddings, #Engaged, #WereGettingMarried...you get the point.  By liking their posts and following their pages, my account is popping up into their notifications.  Of course, this guarantees nothing.  You are essentially just casting your line out there and hoping someone will bite.

It is extremely important to stay within your niche.  I am not going to spend my time liking posts related to video games or car rentals if my target market is young couples.  It's sort of like ROI - Return On Investment.  I'm going to spend X amount of time going through and engaging, and the hope is that I can get more follows, DMs, or ultimately clients.  If I am engaging with the wrong posts, the ROI is going to be much lower. 

Overall, engaging on social media is how you create a following and get your business out there.  Entire businesses are built on helping accounts build a following through engagement, but I'm here to help you do it for free.  Try engaging more on your personal social platforms for the next 7 days, and see what happens!

Do you have any other engagement tips that work on your social media accounts?  Comment below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts